Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Inessa Kim/ page 110 initial draft/ July 4 summer session

A good worker for such manager as me...


There are a lot of standards of being a good worker, such as working hard, having a lot of experience, showing a high quality, being responsible etc. However, in my opinion, a good worker is also a person who can get along with co-workers and create a good atmosphere at work. Along with friendly atmosphere, a good worker should also create a trust between co-workers. Also, I like when people stay motivated and show their best, it motivates other people around them and improves teamwork.


So, the first thing I consider important in the working place is a friendly atmosphere. I would like my workers feel free to talk to each other, joke, and spend time together during the breaks. It will make the team work cohesively and make a success for a company. When there is a mutual support between co-workers, there will be more chance for progress. For example, my father works more than 10 years in a company and he says his co-workers make his work more interesting and meaningful. Such close relationship between team workers lets him feel comfortable and never feel the pressure of bad atmosphere. A good atmosphere helps him to focus on tasks and do his best, because he is sure he works in a place where he is needed and liked.


    Another good thing that I will appreciate in my workers is being frank to each other. It is important to tell people their mistakes and help them to fix their problems. Good workers will improve themselves and their co-workers, so it will develop the company and bring profits. Also being honest with people can prevent misunderstanding and improve relations at work. I think the advice by Albert Einstein "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters" is needed to be considered seriously by team workers who want to be professional and successful.


And the last thing I consider important in good workers is a good motivation. Motivated people believe in what they do and know the reason why they need to do something; they know the significance of their work and it makes them work harder. That is why I think workers should always be motivated and show a good example for others.


I am sure that bringing to workers good atmosphere, motivation and honesty will make them like and appreciate their work. A happy worker is a good worker, so if I were a manager, I would like to work with a team who satisfied with their work and happy to work with me. With such team I am sure I can create a good company and make it succeed. 



2 comments:

  1. Your essay is clear and interesting. You explained the three things which you want from your workers in each paragraph with an example and a quatation. That's why I understood your writing easily. However, it will be better if you add more detailed reasons in 4th paragraph and make one clear thesis statement that includes all three points in the intro paragraph.:)

    ReplyDelete