Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Tsay Miri/p.109 initial draft/ summer56


What makes a good worker.

The definition of a good worker is different for every manager. I have never thought about the qualities of a good worker but I can suggest some of them. I don't think that you will find something revolutionary in my writing but I hope it will become a sort of reminder for those who aspire to reach career endeavors.  I believe that responsibility, diligence, competence and determination are the crucial characteristics of any good worker.

Responsibility. The manager does not need excuses, he needs a result. That is why responsibility is a quality that is so valuable for a good employee. A good worker should be able to make decisions on their own, to answer and make up for their mistakes. Work on the principle of "work should be done no matter how well" can lead to the fact that you will be fired. Companies do not need employees who do not want to take responsibility for anything.

Diligence. It is important to be diligent and willing to work. All employees' actions should be as effective as possible and directed to the development of the company. It is very important to be immersed in work and pose oneself as a hard-working person. Nevertheless, I also think that worker should know his limits and take a rest if he needs it.

Competence. The fulfillment of all orders at the highest level, the ability to make decisions independently, and working without constant clarifications are the keys to success.

Determination. Determination is a valuable trait. The employee should not be afraid to show initiative, not to give in to difficulties, and achieve the set goals.

The "portrait" of the ideal employee is different for each manager. It can be supplemented and reduced, depending on the specifics of the work of the organization and the position held. However, in order to motivate employees to work qualitatively, we need to develop a system of motivation and management. So, the employees' personal traits and qualities are as important as actions of those who are in charge of everything.

--
Best wishes, 
Tsay Miri

3 comments:

  1. Hi Miri!
    Your essay is clear and easy to understand. Responsibility, diligence, competence, determination is the key factors for workers to be good. I like the idea, and it will be good to generate more ideas supporting your statement. Your thesis statement is clear so the readers will easily understand it. However, there are some things you might want to change.
    First of all, you should develop paragraphs. Stating the factors of good workers is good but you are lacking supporting details and ideas for competence and determination.
    Also, you should not add new ideas to conclusion. Summarizing your thoughts about good a good worker will be good enough to end your essay. You can refer our book to find out about writing conclusion. I hope you find my comment useful. Thank you and I hope to see you in the class!
    Kim, Jusung / PSD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your writing style because it can be read clearly. You listed some qualifications of a good worker (manager) and judging from my own exprience I quite agree with you. Especially, I'd like to give the most credit to the diligent worker because I firmly believe that diligence is often leads to positive results. I work as a part timer in a busy fastfood store and if the mamagers(they are also employeed by the company) were lazy or far from diligence, every workers would have suffered... but they are agile and hard working, so everything is really going smooth. I like your eassay :)

    * manager: gender neutrality problem? In the second paragraph, li 2 you used the pronoun "he" but it'd be better to use "he or she"

    Kim Keunho/summer session

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your writing style because it can be read clearly. You listed some qualifications of a good worker (manager) and judging from my own exprience I quite agree with you. Especially, I'd like to give the most credit to the diligent worker because I firmly believe that diligence is often leads to positive results. I work as a part timer in a busy fastfood store and if the mamagers(they are also employeed by the company) were lazy or far from diligence, every workers would have suffered... but they are agile and hard working, so everything is really going smooth. I like your eassay :)

    * manager: gender neutrality problem? In the second paragraph, li 2 you used the pronoun "he" but it'd be better to use "he or she"

    Kim Keunho/summer session

    ReplyDelete