Saturday, July 1, 2017

Park So Yeon/ page 80/ Summer Session 56

Every relationship is unique in the way that they all have different forms. For instance, person A and person B could love each other with the equal amount of love or one could love the other more, or they might have a love-hate relationship. Relationships differ because the people in it are completely different and because of those differences, people fight and relationships end. Mainly, in a friendship, betrayal and lack of communication are the two central reasons why friendships end.

Just like any other relationship, loyalty and trust is crucial in a friendship. The friendship between two (or more) people can last when they are able to trust each other. Trust means they can share their thoughts, emotions, and secrets without worrying whether the other would turn her back. Once the trust between two friends is broken, it's irreversible because even though they try to build the trust again, there is always the "what if?" lying in the back of their minds. For example, one of my friends who went to a different high school told me one day that there were awful rumors about her in her school. The rumors said she talked behind another friend's back and spoke ill of her. The girl found out about the rumors and my friend tried to clear her name but the girl wouldn't listen. Later, when my friend found out that one of her close friends spread the rumor, she was shocked. She eventually cleared her name but since the trust between her and the close friend was broken, she ended their friendship.

Another possible reason why people end their friendship is because they lack communication. When they have differences, people need to talk about it but they don't. They don't talk about the issues that bother them because they don't want to jeopardize their friendship or their worried they might get into a fight. However, this could lead to bigger problems because the issues seemed small at first but when they are not solved and piled up in people's minds, it becomes bigger like a snow ball. When I was in high school, I had a close friend that I didn't want to lose. Thus, I didn't tell her about her bad habit which was badmouthing the people she was jealous of. It was getting harder for me to tolerate that and when I thought I finally had enough, I ended our friendship. If I had told her about it and tried to solve the problem, maybe things would have been different.

People say you can't take back what you've already said. Once the trust between two friends is broken through words, there are no other ways to amend the broken relationship. Also, when friends don't talk to each other and keep it to themselves, they might end up losing each other. 

2 comments:

  1. I like how you clearly introduced your ideas and explained both in two paragraphs. Your writing is clear and understanding, it was easy and interesting to read. My advice to you is just put the title to your essay )Inessa Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I thought I included the title. The title is "Be careful or it'll end"

    ReplyDelete