Monday, June 26, 2017

Dong Heui Kim/Page 40/ Summer Writing

Item D

The old judge's medicine truly was the right cure for the young wife. Both husband and wife did truly love each other and got married. Their symptom is quite common between couples as certain hormone that blinds them with love disappears after years of living together. This makes them notice things they have not seen before. They never give in and end up fighting everyday with various trivial things. The only way to recover this relationship is to grow patience and think about each other instead of enforcing their opinion to each other. Also, with wife's stern determination and courage she had shown in getting the hair form the lion, she is capable of turning back their relationship.

I certainly admire the young wife. She has overcome her great fear of the lion and succeeded in acquiring the hair of the lion's tail. She patiently waited days to get closer to the lion until it was close enough to reach for the hair. This is not something anyone can do without a firm will. This show how much she loves her husband and wants to improve their relationship. If I were at her situation, I probably would have given up in the minute the old judge tells me about the lion's tail. In fact, it is just that I am not sure about the husband as the passage does not mention his story. Only wife makes an attempt to sustain their relationship by visiting the judge.

Item E #3

Even if Laurence does not speak to Father Paul about Esther, the outcome would have been the same. Esther dies not love him. She is just needed somebody to rely on so their marriage would not have been happy. Also, as long as she is a pagan, Laurence's people will never accept her as their family so it is a predicted misery.

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow you chose same questions as I did! I totally agree with both of your D and E answers. I would have hesitated if I were in her Situation and she deserves admiration.
    I also think Laurence and Esther might broke up because Laurence's people do not consider Esther as same status.
    I like your answers because they are readable and well supported.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dooseok Lee / Summer writingJune 27, 2017 at 12:00 PM

    I like the part you said there is a certain hormone that blinds couples. I also agree on prob.E. I also think Esther's relationship wouldn't have made it in the end. Your writing was quite readable and ypu had ypur point precisely. Great writing!

    ReplyDelete