Monday, June 26, 2017

Hyunho Jung/p52 initial draft/Summer Session

Love is chemistry. This chemistry is not about subject from your school or some scientific field. It is about a chemistry that sparks between different human being. Most people fall in love with somebody when they feel a sense of connection and look attractive to each other. We call this chemistry. It is a nonverbal expression and communication that happens between the two and sometimes other people can notice this even they are not in between them. Recently I have watched a piece of American TV show called 'Louie', which is produced and premiered under the direction of a famous American comedian Louis C.K. In the show, some of the characters discussed what love is all about. There were several episodes that cover discussions about love, but in the one of those, characters say that it is all about the chemistry that love exists. I have never heard of this viewpoint before so I thought this is very interesting and at the same time unfamiliar. It was because I once believed love does not always require a bilateral attraction between two people at the same time. Of course it is and I still believe this, but what I am talking about is the love that initiates at the early part of a relationship. But I am in a relationship now and I was changing a lot of viewpoints about having a lover and how to understand love in a conceptual way. And at this time actually, I agreed a lot on the point it is about chemistry that what love is about at the beginning. Chemistry brings us joy, a sense of connectedness and belonging. At the early days of love, those things are the ones that make us feel that they are created just for one another.

3 comments:

  1. I liked that you defined love with a word "chemistry", in the beginning I was wondering why you defined it like that, and then you shared your personal experience and gave a good explanation about this "chemistry". And now it makes sense for me. - Inessa Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was interesting as to read a piece of writing in a magazine. Yet I wonder what the characters said specifically and it would be better if you illustrate more about the saying:)
    -Kim Chaeha

    ReplyDelete