Monday, June 26, 2017

Yun Jung Hwan/page 40/ summer session 56

The old judge gave the solution to young wife who has conflict with her husband. In this sense, the old judge seem to have an insight about true love and relationship between couple. Perhaps, we can think he is such a clever man. On the other hand, he finally prevented young couple's marriage, but I think he used too risky method to enlightening young wife. What happened if the woman died for getting lion's hair? This is such a dramatic story that overcome the adversity, but it would different in reality. If it was on a real situation nowadays, the woman would difficult to survive. In this respect, the old judge gave woman a reckless challenge to woman and I think this was somewhat irresponsible and unreliable. However, I think the woman is courageous. As she loved her husband and do not want to divorce, so approached to lion and finally get the hair. In the respect that she visited the old judge to counsel how to recover the relationship with her husband, I think she is active person and have the power to overcome the fear and power to settle the problem which belongs to her.

E. critical thinking.

I think Esther loves more deeply. She finally killed Laurence and others may blame on her for that, but I think she loved Laurence so much and murdered him in moments of jealousy. As she deeply loved him, so the feeling of betrayal and disappointment to him was even strong. Furthermore, she was fearful of losing her lover by other women, and this made her to feel jealousy. If she did not deeply loved him, this accident would not happened. Some people can say she excessively responsed to the situation, but I think her sincerely loved Laurence, although thier love ends tragically.  

In third question, I think when Paul did not opposite to Laurence, they might happily married. The main reason of killing Laurence was the failure caused by Paul's opposition, it was impulsive act in the moment of anger. However, I cannot assure their marriage will happy all the time. When she have an idea like "his love is changed", she would disappointed and may kill the Laurence. I think Esther deeply loves him, but also have a fear to love that it would disappear. So no one expect how would she act.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Jung Hwan!

    I found your answers on the questions informative and helpful. I agree that Ethiopian wife is a brave woman that could risk her life to save the marriage. However, I have another opinion on the part E. I think that Esther didn't love Laurence, rather her love was admiration or mania. I beieve that young wife loves more deeply but it is always interesting to know different opinon.
    Overall, I think you did a good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Yun Jung Hwan
    I've read your opinion and found another perspective of seeing the judge's solution. I think your opinion is really mind breaking. When I first read the story I had thought the judge's solution was wise, however, your opinion makes me to double think about this.
    Thank you for your great opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your idea about and my idea are somewhat in the similar vein, so I don't have many things to talk about that. However, about the , I'm quite skeptical about your idea. Would they be better off if they got married? I don't think so... I seems that you are thinking Paul is to be blamed for changing Laurence's attitude, but in my opinion, sooner or later, racism kind of ideas inherent in him would have dominated him sooner or later, even without Paul. If Laurence has absolutely nothing to do with racism... trust me, he wouldn't change his decision even after hearing from his uncle. But still, I think your perspective is reasonable too.

    ReplyDelete