Monday, June 26, 2017

Tsay Miri/ p.40/ summer56

P.40, D


I think the old judge is a wise man who might have been in the same situation or has helped to many couples. I liked that he didn't explain the exact way how to save marriage but just gave a right direction to the woman. I think he helped to young woman a lot. Although the magic "medicine" doesn't seem something that is related to couple's problem it gave wife patience and courage not to give up and save her marriage.

I wouldn't say that I admire young wife but I definitely respect her determination and bravery. I don't think that every woman, even if she loves someone hard, would try to pull a hair from lion's tale. Another thing that I liked about her is that she didn't give up but made everything to save her relationships. I think the character of this woman can teach many things. A lot of couples nowadays are too passive to understand that they have to contribute to their relationship, to be active just like this woman to maintain their relationships.


P.40, E

I think that Ethiopian wife loves more deeply than Esther. Although Esther has shown her emotions more clearly she didn't think about Laurence. She only thought about her feelings when she killed him. Esther didn't want to find another way to save her love: she chose the wrong and easy way. On the contrary, Ethiopian wife saved her marriage. Her actions reflected her maturity, dedication and love for her husband. She was brave enough to ask for help and even lion didn't scared her because her love was bigger than her fear. 


--
Best wishes, 
Tsay Miri

2 comments:

  1. For excercise D,
    You gave a good example of the couples nowadays which I agree, and the fact that you do not admire the wife does make sense because realistically, no one would try to pull a lion's hair. Overall, your thoughts are clear and precise.

    For excercise E,
    Your thoughts made me think again because I answered this question as Esther being deeper in love than the wife.
    I did not think of the part "she only thought about her feelings..."

    You used good transitions in your writing and was easy to understand and to see where you are going at.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Item D:
    Nice pointing about Old Judge's view. He could habe gone through the same thing. I also think it was bette to give her the right direction than specificially telling her what to do. As long as she does not understand the essence, she will look for the Judge in the future for the samwe problem. I like how you ended the writing with examples that illustrate current problem in couples. Nice Job:)

    -Dong Heui Kim

    ReplyDelete