Wednesday, June 21, 2017

YUN JUNG HWAN/p.24/summer 2017 writing

Compare myself to Forer's and wither's point of view, their analysis just considered the typical cases and I think all the cases would not follow their opinion.

1. First, I'm the only child in my family, so I will focus on the contents about "onlies" in both essays.

2. In Forer's writing, he says only child can be grow up as a dependent adult who recognize himself as a child in the group. Wither says "onlies" expect someone to take care of him, on the other words, only child is accustomed to accepting help, somewhat reliant to other people.

3. I'll compare to my view to myself. I partially agree to Forer's idea, " parents gave constant attention to their only child" but I disagree that every only child would be grown up to dependent adult.  

4. In addition, only child has no siblings to interact, it's hard to say "the birth order is the only fact that affects to personality." There must be other factors influence to the personality, such as parents, household atmosphere, and relation with peers. I believe that these things can change personality while they are growing up.   

5. In sum, I don't think Forer and Wither's idea is not always right. 

3 comments:

  1. You gave yourself as an example for "Onlies". Maybe you might find other examples from people around you, who show different traits from the Forer's and Wither's opinion.
    Seong Ji Lee, Summer Session

    ReplyDelete
  2. It' interestig that you handled both essays and at the same time tried to understand yourself as "the only" in your family. Also as I read through your ideas, I once again came to realize how biased the author's writing is! Not all onlies tend to be dependent in general. The author is based upon unscientific and personal belief...I like your opinion. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot agian... this is Kim Keunho from summer session class

      Delete