Thursday, June 29, 2017

Ji hwan kim/page 66/summer 56

Page 66

Item D Helping each other understand

1. Actually I cannot understand why she didn't end or solve conflict with her co-worker. Her feeling was just hurt, because the woman with whom she'd had the conflict. I think that solving problem with her co-worker is better than feeling hurt because of her.

 

2. When I entranced first into my university, I knew just nobody. I joined orchestra club in university, and our club had welcoming meal. All of new member didn't know each other and feel awkward and talk nothing. I had slightly tension because of all new situation and knowing no friends. At that, an elder greeted for us and talked with everyone who was new member. Through elder members made good circumstance in the welcoming meal, I could throw away my tension and start confiding with my club's companies about my private things. We talked so many times and changed our phone number and became friends. If i didn't attend to the welcoming meal and meet many people in orchestra club, then I maybe can't quickly adjust to my university's life. I really needed friends to have happy campus life. Orchestra club give me my precious friends and though this club i success to adjust to my campus life.

 

3. I have an American friend. We firstly met in orchestra club's camp. Before I entranced my university, I had few chances that talked with foreigner. So when I seated with him I felt awkward. We have different countries and cultures. Even though we have many differences, we became friend after the camp. It is improbable or unlikely friendship, but today we don't feel differences between us.

 

Item E

1. I think friends can be as important to me as relatives. Friends don't usually become relatives or family, but they can become close person to me. As we sometimes experience conflict with our friends, we also can have conflict with our family or relatives. So we can be also far from our relatives. If we know our friends in a long period, I think, our friends can be important as relatives. We maintain our relationship with someone, it means that we can trust and believe him or her. And they can help us when we have hardship or become helpless. Sometimes in our life our friends is closer for us than our relatives.

 

2. Yes. I think I can be as good friends with someone from another culture as with someone from my own culture. Of course, we can feel differences when we meet firstly each other. Language, appearance, culture..etc. But true friendship can overcome some differences between two people who come from not same culture. If we want to develop our friendship with someone, we should understand him or her. If we don't understand someone like 'oh, why he do not good gesture?' we cannot improve our friendship. In this case, all of cultures have same gesture, but it has different meaning in the world. For example, we usually think if someone spin his or her index finger to our, then we become angry because it means I am crazy. But this gesture means you should get the phone in Greece. Like this we should know cultural differences for developing our friendship with someone who has different culture. With understanding, we can become friend.

 

3. 'Birds of a feather flock together' means that people meet someone who has same or similar character with them. And 'Opposites attract' means that people maintain the relationship with someone who has different personality from them. I think the first sentence is more accurately in my experience. For example, I meet someone in our orchestra club and talk with him. Then I find that he prefer computer game that I also like. So we can have a time of getting along with each other though the game, and we become best friend. But when I meet someone who has different interest from me I cannot talk with him. Because we cannot such topic of conversation that has interest all of us. So we say 'good bye' to each other, then I called to my best friend who has same interest with me.

 

4. I disagree about the question. Both of gender can make friend easily. I think it is matter how his or her personality forms. Someone who has introspective personality, maybe he or she makes friends slightly harder. In contrary people who are outgoing, they feel less hard when they make a new friendship with someone. Man and women have different way to make friend. Men usually meet his friend though sport, computer game. They don't talk a lot with each other. And women usually make friendship with someone though a lot of speaking about something they have interest. The way that both genders have is just different. it is wrong that women make friends more easily than men do.  

 

 

1 comment:

  1. D-1. I agree with you, it would have been better if writer had solved relationship problem with her co-worker, instead of making a friend to feel relaxed. Maybe she had timid characteristic.

    D-2. It is good to know that you got a great help from the club. I think joining club is great solution to solve out relationship problem. meeting new and many people do help you feel relaxed.

    E-1 I agree with your idea, I also think some of friends are more important than relatives. They understand me more than my relatives do and they live much closer to me than the relatives. Also, I rarely see the relatives, maybe once or twice a year, while I see my friends at least once a week.

    E-3. For this question I think it is both. I mostly meet friends with similar characteristics and hobbies Etc. But I find a person with different characteristic from me more attracting. So I sometimes hang out with friends with whom has opposite traits from me. I feel more relaxed with friends with similar traits and feel more amused with whom different from me.

    Thank you for sharing your ideas, good job
    Seong Ji Lee

    ReplyDelete