Friday, June 30, 2017

Hyunho Jung/p66 -67 ItemD and E/Summer Session

D-3.

Yes, I have. I have a friend who is 16 years older than me and have different nationality. His name is Calvin. He is from Hong Kong, China, and now lives in Korea for his degree. We became friends while taking a same class and having several group discussions in class. He was previously close to my older Korean friends in my department, and thus we knew each other even before we became close. One day he and I happened to be in a same group for the final exam, and we had a lot of academic discussions. After we finished it he said he felt that this was the most meaningful and fruitful discussion that he had ever made in his college life. I was moved by his sayings and thought this man knows how to show respect to the efforts of his teammates. He said why don't we have beer and he shared to me a lot of feelings and cultural difficulties about college life in Korea. Those heartfelt gratitude and sympathy made us a friend, and he still is a polite and a good friend who tries to think me first.

 

E-2.

It seems that friends can be more important than relatives. In the modern society, more people are getting out of their cultural and racial frame and having relationships with people from different backgrounds. They not only can chat with people who live on the other side of the planet, but actually visit wherever they want to meet their friends who live abroad. In this respect, people make their own circle of relatives by their preferences. In other words, friends can be as important to people nowadays as relatives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment