Thursday, June 29, 2017

Inessa Kim/ page 66/ June 29 summer session

    I'm not that kind of person who always needs somebody's help; I try to be independent and make everything by myself. However, there are some hard times when I feel like I need somebody's help and especially a support from my close friends. 
    Living in Korea is not such an easy and always interesting task; it is my first time living abroad by myself, and my Korean is not that good to communicate well with people. So this are not the only problems that I have living here, but the main ones. These are the problems that made me feel depressive when I first came to Korea, and still make me feel a little bit uncomfortable because I live alone. Nevertheless, I can call myself a lucky person; I found good friends here, who support me and never let me feel crushed when I have some problems. If there were nobody to be on my side and who encouraged me, I would give up and come back to my homeland and never achieve what I have right now.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry about your experiences and emotional stresses that you had to face living abroad. I understand how hard that is because I have been living abroad alone as well. It was such a hard time for me but the fruit of it was satisfying. I hope what you achieve here compensates your efforts. In your writing, I have some things to suggest.
    1. You wrote, “So this are not the only problems that I have living here, but the main ones.”
    - I would change ‘So this’ to ‘These.’
    2. Also in the following sentence, you wrote, “These are the problems that made me feel depressive when I first came to Korea, and still make me feel a little bit uncomfortable because I live alone.”
    - I would change ‘depressive’ to ‘depressed’, ‘and still’ to ‘and they still’, adding subject to the independent clause.
    3. Lastly, you wrote, “Nevertheless, I can call myself a lucky person; I found good friends here, who support me and never let me feel crushed when I have some problems.”
    - I would not use a comma there. I would say “Nevertheless, I can call myself a lucky person; I found good friends here who support me and never let me feel crushed when I have some problems.” Also, I recommend using ‘because’ than and semicolon, but it still works in the sentence.
    I hope you find my suggestions helpful. Again, I hope your experience in Korea makes a good memory and satisfying fruits when you are done here.
    Kim, Jusung /PSD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're a very brave person, considering what you've went though. I'm glad you found friends who helped and supported you. I think you did a good job expressing your feelings in this response.-Hana Lee

    ReplyDelete