Thursday, June 29, 2017

p.66 D-2  

There was a time when I needed a friend desperately. It was in the first few months when I was studying Korean in Hankuk University of Foreign Studies. I felt extremely homesick being far away from my family and friends. I was depressed because I had a difficult time in the process of adjusting to a new environment. However, while I was learning Korean in the language center, I met a Filipino there. I was delighted to meet her because she was the first Filipino I met here in Korea. From that day, we became friends and did many activities together. We watched movies, played sports, and went to the beach together. She also introduced me to some of her international friends and I felt less lonely. My friend helped me overcome my homesickness. I realized that was not so bad living here in Korea as long as I make new friends and memories.

4 comments:

  1. I wrote this essay but I forgot to put my name. -Hana Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can understand what you feel 'cause I am a foreigner here too. It's a good experience for you and such good memories. The story is clear and interesting and the story is related to a topic question. Inessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel how lonely you were when you are all by yourself in a different country. I understand because I was also the only Korean in the US when I was young and had no one around. It is always a relief to find Korean somewhere far and I think that is the same case as yours. I am glad you found a friends and that you enjoy Korea. Yoour paragraph is quite nicely structured and simple starting from your topic sentence, how you got a friend in a desperate situation, and the overcoming of your problem. Nice job:)

    -Dong Heui Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're lucky that your new friend helped you overcoming homesick. I wish I can also have one like yours when I study or work abroad in the near future.
    -Hyunho Jung

    ReplyDelete